Friday, August 6, 2010

content.


So, the other night after the good ole El Chaps, I had some good conversation with some of my good friends. One thing that got me thinking though was when Elsbeth asked me who I liked...or something of that sort. And it made me think about it. I don't like anyone at the moment (and in all honesty haven't really since before choir tour) and I'm perfectly content with that. I'm content with not being in a relationship right now or liking someone. I leave for college in two weeks and it would suck to have to leave someone. I feel bad for my friends that are in relationships right now. That has to suck to leave their boyfriend or girlfriend. But, I also am happy for them because they have someone that genuinely cares about them. I'm happy just the way I am, riding solo, and I like being happy about that! I like having my really good guy friends in my life though...but I don't like any of them like that. Haha. Which brings up another thing I thought of...why is it that a guy and a girl can't be really good friends without people thinking that one of them likes the other or they both like each other? It's really quite obnoxious actually. I feel like I have a decent amount of really good guy friends, and I feel blessed to have them in my life. But whenever I started to become good friends with them, I know people have thought (because they told me) that I liked them or that we liked each other...and then they wouldn't believe me when I told them otherwise. Isn't it okay for a girl and guy to hang out by themselves without having feelings for each other? I mean...I realize this is high school and girls freak out over stuff like this, but in all honesty I'd rather hang out with guys than girls. Less drama. I don't do well with drama. Not a drama queen. Sorry, 99% of other girls out there! My close girl friends that I have usually don't have drama either. Love them for that! :) But really, why is it that people find it so hard to fathom that a guy and a girl can't be good friends without liking each other? Thoughts about that? I've always wondered why that is so. Haha. I don't know. It's 3am and my brain is running through lots of thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment