Monday, August 16, 2010

college.



Yes, I am leaving in three days for college. That blows my mind. I'm a nervous wreck. But, at the same time I get super excited thinking about it. I've been researching all these different clubs and activities and stuff so hopefully I can make some friends there too! I'm always nervous I won't make friends, but I just have to remember everyone is in the same group as me and we're all starting out fresh! And for goodness sake, this is not high school, praise the Lord! One of the things I've been looking at is this thing called lcf (Lynchburg College Fellowship). It's basically church on Sunday mornings and they have smaller groups at night during the week. It seems like a pretty cool Christian group. Also, I've been looking at Intervarsity, which is basically like the college version of Young Life. I've always wanted to go to Young Life, but it was always on Wednesday's. So this can be a cool thing to go to. There's also this thing called Student Activities Board. They plan all different kinds of events. Some of the stuff they planned last year was a group to go see Taylor Swift in concert, trips to Busch Gardens, and so many other cool things. I think I'd be good at that because I plan a lot of stuff now. Also, I'd get to meet a cool group of people that can think of other stuff to do that's fun besides partying. Haha. There's a club called Love 146 that is basically a group devoted to raising money to assist victims of child sex trafficking. I think that would be such a neat group to be a part of. Another one is International Society which is basically just a club to promote diversity throughout Lynchburg College. I love diversity, so why not? There is also Sierra Student Coalition. Their main goal is to change the College's energy plan to one that is run off renewable resources in the long term. I'm all about saving our earth. Then there's this group called STAND (A Student Anti-Genocide Coalition) which is people trying to bring awareness about and action against modern day genocides and human rights atrocities. Then there's Lynchburg College Pre-Health Club which is more of hands on for people who want to be in health professional fields. Might do that if I'm still thinking about being a physical therapist. I'm also almost tempted to go to the dance dance revolution club...yes, we even have that! Now I know I definatley won't be able to go to all of these, but they all sound really interesting! And I think I'd be able to meet cool people there. These are the kinds of things that make me excited about college! PS-sorry this blog was so long! Haha.

2 comments: