Sunday, September 19, 2010

retreat!


So this weekend I went on a retreat with lcf (Lynchburg Christian Fellowship). It was totally not what I'm used to. I'm used to WEAG where I know everyone, I have a lot of different friends, and people know me. On this retreat I knew no one. I definitely went out on a limb for this one. I was the new kid that didn't know anyone. I understand now why it's difficult for people to come to church and stuff, because it's kind of hard not knowing anyone. But, I also made a lot of new friends this weekend because luckily everyone in it is super nice! I'm really excited about that. This retreat and WEAGs retreat are so different. There were only about 35 people on this retreat. We stayed at a church called MCC in Mechanicsville, which actually happens to be WEAGs sister church! Small world! We had worship and lessons. The worship was so good, and the lessons were amazing! I actually got a lot out of every one of them! On Saturday we went and did missions work instead of a bunch of activities. We went to a man named Otis' house he has. It's for men who just got out of prison and are trying to get their lives on track again. I ended up painting all day long. Then that evening we handed out hot dogs in Monroe Park to the homeless. It was definitely a really cool experience, and we all bonded together while we were doing work and stuff. Can I also just say that it is SO weird technically being home, but not going to my house and seeing my friends and stuff. I loved being in Richmond again though! I also ran into Eric and Justine while we were there, which was great seeing them! :) We had another lesson that night with worship, which was incredible. I starting to fall in love with God all over again. I've been mad at God for awhile now because of stuff that has gone on in my life in the past year, and I finally let go of being mad at him and blaming him. I pushed him away when I shouldn't have, which has created distance and has strained my walk. I'm so excited that I can finally say I am no longer mad at Him and am falling in love with Him all over again. I think its almost because I'm not at WEAG with everything that's familiar that I could really focus on God, and with different followers. I don't necesarily know why that is, but I'm thankful none the less. I'm so excited for the rest of the year with these rad people I can now call my friends. Yay being brave and doing something out of your comfort zone! I challenge you to do the same, because it could make all the difference in your life. You never know what things could happen! :) Oh, sorry this was super long. I just had a lot to express about this weekend! Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment