Thursday, September 16, 2010

blessed.


What a crazy whirlwind life is. Life is so busy all the time. My mind is constantly racing of things I need to get done for classes, how my friends are doing, what I need to do in general, and so on. And when I haven't been doing that, I've been hanging out with my friends. Lately I have not just sat down and reflected on life. I really need to let myself do that more often. I think all of us get caught up in how busy our lives are, and we don't sit down and really see what's going on. I need to realize how blessed I am to have all these opportunities in my life. The biggest thing I can think of right now is being in college. I mean, not everyone has the opportunity to go to college. We're paying thousands of dollars for me to have this education. Sure, college is fun and an amazing experience, but that doesn't mean I'm going to put my work on the back burner. I did that in high school a lot because quite frankly I didn't really care all that much as long as I had a B average. In college, I am striving to do well, but also have a ton of fun. There are so many people who would die to be in my place right now. I am truly blessed to be here. Even the little things, like sunsets. They are so beautiful, and I should be thankful that God gave me eyes to see it. Even as I lay in the grass and feel the way it moves through my fingers, I should be blessed that I can feel it. When I'm doing my own laundry, buying my own food and necessities, and being responsible for every single thing in my life, I am blessed that I can be independent and do things on my own. I have the opportunity to grow up, discover myself, and go through life as my own independent person. Basically what I'm saying is I am so thankful for everything in my life once I sit down and really think about it. I need to do this more often, because there is so much to be thankful for! :)

2 comments: