Wednesday, March 23, 2011

busy.


Since coming to college, I am SO busy. Literally. Not just school work. I've started to get pretty involved on campus and made so many friends and planning lunch and dinner dates. I'm so tired. Haha. Don't get me wrong, I really do like being busy and all the things I do I absolutely love, but sometimes I just wish I could take a little break. But. This is college. I love it to death. In recent news, I got accepted into the Bonner Leader Program for next year. Basically it's a 2 year program where you do 900 hours of community service in 2 hours. You get scholarships for it, but with my school you get paid by the hour (like a job where you get the pay check and all) instead of just one big chunk of money taken off of your tuition. Which I am very glad about because my mom is just going to consider that my job so I can keep the money. I'm SO excited to be working within the community for 7-10 hours a week. I'm going to be a big sister in Big Brothers Big Sisters probably, work with the Boys and Girls Club, and do so many other things. Also, all of the Bonners (which is about 30 of us) meet once a week for two hours. We also all have to take a Social Entrepreneurship class in the spring. Basically, it's a really big commitment. I'm stoked about it though! I want it sooooo bad, and I was so nervous because last year supposedly 40 people applied and only 13 got in, so when I heard I got accepted I was honored! I also learned that I am going to be an lcf (Lynchburg Christian Fellowship) leader. I'm really excited for that too! I get to lead a small group, which I'm excited for! I'm just so excited to be a leader, it sounds like so much fun, and I can't wait to challenge other people in their walk as they challenge me as well! I have experienced so many good things through lcf this year, and I can't wait to be a leader to others! This is also a big time commitment. At least 3 days a week. But I'm ready for it. I'm going to be 10x as busier next year than I already am, which kind of really scares me. But I know I'll be able to make it through. So, basically I'm sorry if it seems like I don't care about you! It's not that at all! It's just that I am so, sooo busy here! Like I got done after going all day today at 10:45 and I was excited...BUT PLEASE TEXT ME. I will always be able to text you for the most part! I love you guys soooo much and I miss you and you are my bestest friends ever! :D

PS...Sorry this is so long. And I really do thank you if you read all the way through it....and I'd like to know if you did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment