Friday, February 18, 2011

love joint.


So, this is super late, but I absolutely loved retreat! It was so nice to be back at my home away from home, with some of my best friends, and worshipping/listening to sessions by them. I also actually really liked the fact that we had to sit with a random table every meal because it gave me the chance to get to know some new people. On Saturday I do have to say it was really quite odd having about five hours of free time...I haven't had that since high school. I didn't really even know what to do with myself. Can I be honest and say that I missed the games they forced us to play on high school retreats...I was never the "too cool to play this game" kid...in all honesty I loved them. I'm really quite competitive, and it gave me a chance to meet some new people. But, because we didn't have those games, I got to play hours of knock out with a bunch of guys and Elizabeth...and yes, they were surprised at how good we were. I also really loved all the sessions. I'm not going to point out everything I got from it because that would last forever and ever, but they were really, really good. I really liked the dance parties and doing the berney with everyone, definitely the dance move of the weekend. Haha. Waffle House was as always fun. Leaving CWR was really quite sad to me. As much as I love being here at Lynchburg, it was great to get away for a weekend and not have to worry about anything at all. Plus, it went by way to fast, and I wanted to just keep diving deep with the Lord. I felt myself get teary eyed leaving, partially because we left so abruptly. Weird not having buses. So weird. Haha. But it was a fabulous weekend, and basically I'm on fire for God now, thanks to this retreat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment